Molten Lava Cake
I love lava cakes. They're decadent, sweet, and rich. To spread the love of this delicious dessert to you, here is a great lava cake recipe that is great to serve to guests or yourself!
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter and lightly flour four 6-ounce ramekins. Tap out the excess flour.
- Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until thickened and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Quickly fold the chocolate into the egg mixture along with the flour.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate.
- Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold
Try this delectable dish alone or with vanilla ice cream!
Here's where I got this recipe!